Welcome nurses and health care providers who are looking for information which assists nurses with the complex and multi dimensional issues we face with medical cannabis. Here are a few of the issues nurses should consider:
- The endocannabinoid system - what is it?
- Medical applications of cannabis
- Safe use of cannabis
- Patient interaction with the medical system
- State and federal criminal/legal sanctions to patients
- State and federal criminal/legal sanctions to nurses
- Cultivation, handling, storing cannabis
The list goes on and on. Nurses also need a forum to communicate with each other, ask questions and find support and resources. This is the aim of the ACNA website.
As you utilize the resources of this site please consider joining the ACNA, your continued support will allow us to continue to expand this valuable platform for education.
Thank you, Ed Glick, Secretary, ACNA